You may be wondering what the heck is going on with my typical interior design posts have moved in the the recipe/cooking realm.
I promise you, this is a typical November phase. It must be like a holiday nesting or something. Perhaps its an inherent need in me to step up my baking game in preparation for wowing my guests over the holidays with delicious treats.
It will pass. In the meantime, you benefit by getting a glimpse into my kitchen and some of my favourite recipes.
Like this one…
This is a recipe that is not mine, but my mother’s. But in a typical defiant daughter fashion, I’m going to share it with you. These are the cookies I grew up on, that my mom ships me in the mail, and that the kids gobble up before I do.
The crazy thing is, like most things I make and share, they are also incredibly easy to make. So I let my kids help me (I may be crazy…)
So here you go, the (no longer a) secret recipe for the World’s Best Chocolate Chip Cookies.
- 1 cup of butter
- 1 cup of brown suga
- 1 eggs
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 1-1/2 cups of flour
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp of baking soda
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1-1/2 cups of oats
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
And now for the super easy instructions…
- Crank that oven up to 375 degrees.
- Make sure that butter is softened but not melted. Then mix it up with the brown sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- Add in the flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt and mix it all up again.
- Finally, add the oats and chocolate chips. I recommend hand mixing these last ingredients in so that you don’t end up with left over oats at the bottom.
- Take the dough and roll it into approximately 1- 1.5 inch balls. Line them up on a parchment paper lined pan and then take a glass to flatten them. You may have to use water or flour on the glass in order to avoid too much sticking.
- Pop those suckers in the oven for about 10 minutes, depending on the actual temperature of your oven. Just keep an eye on them, as the brown slightly at the edges, they are done.
- Not quite ready yet…
- Done!! Now take them out, let them cool, and then enjoy! This recipe makes about 2-1/2 dozen cookies. Don’t they look super yummy?
Okay, so there you have it. Try them out and see if you agree with my claim that they are the World’s Best Chocolate Chip Cookie!!
Thanks for reading and take care!!